Sunday, August 28, 2011

What Happened Next

Friday evening I was sitting on the front porch in my rocking chair talking to my nieces.  Since they are teenagers I asked what everyone was going to be doing.  In seconds I had all kinds of answers; school dance, skating, and friends.   Sounded like a typical weekend for teens. 

Later they emerged with a fresh set of clothes on, their hair fixed and newly applied makeup.  Again, they came and sat on the porch with me, after some time had passed everyone was still sitting on the porch talking.  Concerned one was going to miss the dance I ask what time does the dance start.  The girls, “Oh we’re not going to the dance, we're going to dinner with our dad.”    

You know what happened next- they went to dinner and spent time with their dad.  I know…it's not real exciting, the earth didn’t shake, and nothing fell from the sky.   But that’s just it.   Life isn’t always exciting, traumatic or dramatic.  (Regardless of what the reality shows reflect on TV.) 

Sometimes we simply need to change our plans and spend time with our heavenly Dad. 


(Don't forget to come back for WooHoo Wednesday)

No comments:

Post a Comment