Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Blurred Vision.

A week ago Monday afternoon I started having some vision problems.   Reading was a chore to say the least, but next night my vision had improved and I thought I had figured out a way to read.  I had a lamp pulled down on my book and I had my glasses on.  I was trying to keep the book open and hold the magnifying glass just right so I could focus on more than one or two words at a time.  About the time I had just the right distant from the magnifying glass to the book I would blink and have to start again.  After what seemed like a very long time I had read a page and a half.  Very frustrating!  By Wednesday night I could stack two pair of glass and read large print.  It was Friday before my vision was normal.  Thank you Lord!!

In my frustration I thought of a story Jim Stovall tells about an encounter he had with a deaf man.  He titled it Blind Man meets Deaf Man.  You will get a kick out of it.  I know I have reacted the same way when I spoken to someone who doesn't speak english.  I think it is safe to say if someone does not understand you in a normal tone of voice, I am sure they are not going to understand you in a slower and louder tone. 

Listen to Jim's story.  I have the link below, copy and paste if it doesn’t work.  I hope you enjoy it. 
Have a great week.   
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZ4jVy8Kx3U

Psalm 97:11.  Light is shed upon the righteous and joy on the upright in heart. 

New International Version 1984 (NIV1984)


No comments:

Post a Comment