Sunday, June 5, 2011

Just-in-Time

Several years ago my daughter, Skye, went to the pound to find my niece a dog for her birthday.  When Skye got there they had 21 dogs they were going to put to sleep at the end of the day, no exceptions.

She was so upset- so she went on a quest to save as many as possible.  She went out with snap shots, e-mail, phone calls, phone calls, and more phone calls.  And of course I had gotten an e-mail with the snap shots and several phone calls.  I instantly fell in love with one of the dogs.  I called Troy, he said no.  Skye called me, I called Troy…he says no.  Skye calls with an urgent plea “You have to make a decision, yes or no…the time has come, they are closing”  I called Troy, he said no…this time I said that’s fine, but YOU call your daughter and tell her No, let them put him to sleep.  Well, Troy called Skye and he said yes.  She calls the pound; they had closed. 

Here’s the deal… people are the puppies and dogs.  The pound is the world and there will be death.  (all have sinned and the wages of sin is death) Skye is Christ, she went to the pound took snap shots, sent emails, and made phone calls.  Christ came to this world, his snap shots are miracles, e-mails are parables and phone calls are his instructions.  “Follow me…”

Troy and I are the dogs in the pound.  I fell in love instantly, Troy says no.  She calls, I talk to Troy, he says no.  I was trying to change Troy’s mind, when all along I should have put it in Skye’s hand.  Jesus says I will make you fishers of men,…( but)… God gives the increase. 

Here is the rest of the story.  Skye called the pound, they were closed, but she left them a message.  The next morning the pound calls her back, they couldn’t put this one to sleep.  We picked him up that evening, his name “Just-in-time.”  Remember there were more than 20 dogs to die that evening…she saved 9.   The path is narrow.

Now we know Skye is not Jesus, we are not dogs and the world is not he pound.  But Jesus did come to this world as a man; He worked miracles, taught parables and left instructions.  Then at the end of His days, He died on the cross, was buried and resurrected so that we can have eternal life.  We also know this; there will be one, a few or many of us that will say yes, but there will be many more who continue to say no.   

No comments:

Post a Comment