Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Wrinkled story lines.

For years I thought I had a typical life.  Then we had a terrible family crisis and a friend made a comment comparing my life to Job.  I was surprised by the comment.  I reflected on the last 30 years of marriage and this is what I found. 

*My daughter has severe asthma.
*A son with ear problems, 11 sets of tubes and an ear disease.
*My husband was in a terrible car accident which lead to a trial, plus numerous attorney problems.  Everything from one attorney becoming seriously ill to another attorney being arrested.
*And my other son serving two tours in Afghanistan and one in New Orleans for Katrina.  Then he came home and celebrated his 23rd birthday.

Considering life did not stop during each event, but went on simultaneously with everyday life activities.  I realized I don't have a typical life.  (I still wouldn't compare it to Job.)

I know I have earned the wrinkled lines around my eyes and those wrinkles are my story lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment